8/7/09

I didn't know I was related to Jerry Springer

When a sibling of your significant other tells you they want to come visit its normally a good thing right? LJ's sister wants to come visit in a couple of weeks which I am totally cool with. Everyone in the family has given me prewarnings of not getting to close to her because she is crazy as hell. The handful of times I have met her she seems really nice and I don't see any reason why we should have her over.

I know that there is drama going on with her mom (whom I speak with) about her new bf (a guy twice her age), while I don't necessarily agree with her choice of bf, I do understand. I remember being 20 and doing dumb things that seemed like a good idea at the time. Not as far as she has gone but you know enough to understand. From everything I've heard from both sides of the fence the fued is getting pretty nasty and I said to both LJ's sis and mom that I am on the fence and I am not picking sides. I told LJ's sis that if I think her new bf is a douchebag, that's becuase I think he is a douchebag not because of what her mom said.

So lets hope for a happy home full of sunshine and puppies when the time comes.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly.

magda said...

I think the fence is a great place to be on this one ... it's a tricky situation and you'd be siding not based on facts in any event. You're exactly right that you need to make these calls for yourself.

I also love the title of this post : )

Louise | UPrinting.com said...

That's the probably with getting stuck in the middle. It sucks because you have to choose a side, when you don't really want to. Like, "just stop convincing me to side with you!"