10/2/09

Hand Me the Brown Paper Bag Now

Normally that would be meant for beer, but not for the month of October. I found this "Don't Go Over In October Challenge" while I was browsing Heidi's blog.

31 days. No Shopping. Just necessities. Thank God there are no Nordstrom sales that month and I just went there last week. No Old Navy or Target. I can't say I will be saving a lot of time since I generally hate the mall and do most of my shopping online. Maybe I will be a little more productive in front of the computer since I think it would be in my best interest not to be browsing so much. I don't want to be the hungry cat with tuna in my face.

2 days in yes I am having a little bit of lust. Currently it's being compensated by the fact that I have to buy things for my side job which is technology related. I love buying new toys and software. Even better when its billable!

3 comments:

Maxie said...

There are lots of things I could give up for 30 days, but shopping is not one of them. Gotta have my therapy!

Simply Me said...

just found your blog- LOVE it!!!!

Online Printing Company said...

Good luck on the challenge! I hope you'll be able to pull it off. I know how it feels to restrain yourself from buying fancy stuff, so you'll need a lot of luck! :D