6/11/09

Ketchup - Nose Job Edition

  1. So next week I will be going under the knife to get my nose done. I am getting my deviated septum fixed. Wish me luck my surgery is Thursday so if anyone is on Gchat on Friday hit me up b/c I will be in bed and on my computer.
  2. I started a sewing class this week and the hours are a bit brutal. It's almost 5 hours a day 2 days a week. It is fun though. 5 more weeks to go. The kicker is that my mom was a seamstress for almost 15 years and I never learned because she traumatized me as a kid. The Dentist's kids always have the ugliest teeth right?
  3. I finally gave up and started reading Twilight now that the craziness has died down. I just finished the first book and so far... eh. I am going to finish the series just to say I did but I am not super excited about it. I am excited to read the Sookie Stackhouse series which True Blood is based off of.
  4. 4th of July I will be in a cabin in Big Bear Lake which I am excited about but at the same time I am afraid I won't be fully recovered from my surgery. If all else fails I will just go out for a really good tan.
  5. I am thinking of buying a street-legal scooter for my commute to work. I don't hate my commute so much but I think it would make it a little bit easier later this summer when the directions change.
  6. One of my bff's adopted a baby last month and we are so excited. She is beautiful.
  7. I want a puppy!
  8. I need to stop shopping at Ebay, seriously its an addiction.
  9. I need to post more pictures up. Is there an easy way to do this?
  10. I got the new Palm Pre. Anyone who has one, wants one or wants to talk about it hit me up.

9 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck with your surgery!

Lexilooo said...

I refuse to read any of the Twilight books, just because I'm like that.

I'm so excited about your sewing class!

My mother is a librarian...good thing I love to read, she'd disown me otherwise!

I wish I could gchat, but it is blocked at work! Booo!

I want a puppy too. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that!

Where is the baby adopted from? I want to adopt a baby from Russia. That is my latest brilliant idea, but Steve doesn't seem to agree :)

I shop too much on etsy...

Who? Me? said...

The Sookie Stackhouse books are really great. I love them. If you are interested in more vampire fun after you read those, I have lots of good suggestions!

Good luck with the sewing. My mom is also a seamstress and rabid quilt maker. She made all my clothes growing up, even past the point where it wasn't cool anymore. I know how to sew, but I choose not to.

I'll be around Friday! Yay for gchat!

Sara said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope your surgery goes well! i just read twilight too and had the same kind of feelings..def not worth the hype though entertaining.

Tiffany said...

good luck with your surgery! hope all goes well.

Hepburn Hilton said...

Good luck on the operation. That is exciting!

How fun with a new baby, your friend must be so happy!!

Aline said...

good luck!

the twilight books get better...the 4th is totally the best and the 2nd one made me so mad!

magda said...

Hope you're all recovered and back to normal!

My mom is an amazing seamstress--she never did it professionally, but really, she made so many of our clothes--and yet, like you, it's lost on me. My hem stiches are all wobbly and look like a 12-year-old was responsible.

I have an e-mail coming to you. I know. It's massively, massively late. I swear I've started and stopped it 18 times.

Hope you're well, xx!

Mary and Sean said...

Mel,
How is the sewing class going? My mom taught me a few things when I was young, and it's always come in handy. I'd love to take a whole class though and learn properly.

btw, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your baby shower idea!