I'm not sure how many if anyone knows I have a second job. I was one of those kids that always needed something to do otherwise I become completely useless. It also helps that when I got my second job I hated my ex and any excuse to get out of the house (and make money!) was good enough for me. So what's my talent? I build stuff. Computery stuff. I like hardware and software and making it work on a small scale and sometimes on a large scale. Who knew huh? These skills were acquired from having a slacker nerdy bf that was a real computer nerd many years ago. Another sad story. My second gig is actually pretty sweet and I enjoy what I do. If I could do it full time (which I have before) I would absolutely do it again. For right now I am not in a position to be without health benefits and I can't eat 99 cent burgers like I used to.
Anyway, since my job dynamic has/is changing quite dramatically I am trying to rub every nickel I have together in hopes of having penny babies. It's been a couple of years since I have really had to worry about money. The good thing is that I have been able to keep most of my living expenses relatively low, but with all the changes buying a house has been put on hold.
So whats a girl who already has a second gig supposed to do? Ebay. I am just starting out but I am hoping that eventually I will be able to do something profitable with it. Combinging 2 things I love computers and shopping. Look for my soul with a buy it now of $5.00.
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone
else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them
And the questions:
1. What is your favorite word?
Snufalufagus? It's just funny.
2. Which is cuter, puppies or kittens?
I am going to have to go with puppies. I actually grew up with both but to tell you the truth whenever I have had kittens I have had them try to suffocate me in my sleep or scratch the crap out of my hands and therefore makes them not my number 1 choice. Besides you can't walk a cat and they aren't as cuddly as puppies.
3. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Hmmm this is a tough one. I don't like Christmas or Thanksgiving. New Year's is overrated. I've had some craptacular Valentines days. Even though when I am single my mom still buys me something so I don't feel so alone. So 4th of July b/c normally there is a good party and everyone loves America.
4. What was your weirdest dream?
I've had a couple of weird dreams over the years. Without going into a super long story about my best friend in high school... he stopped talking to us over a rumor that I am now assuming is true. We tried to hunt him down but he kept avoiding us. Anyway, in my dreams I find him in odd places like in a dark parking lot and I yell out his name but instead of responding to me he always backs away from me with a wide-eyed look on his face. One time I got him cornered in his car and I thought he was going to talk but I woke up before he did. There is also the one where I was in the shower and the house caught on fire. Oh and there was demented clowns chasing me around. I actually like clowns though.
5. Which came first? The chicken or the egg?
The egg had to come first. You know if a dog and cat had a baby whatever they popped out would have become the new "chicken".
Leave a comment. :)
So our dear Nichole at More is Better hosted a Sweet Treat Exchange last month. I've been meaning to get around to this post but i figured this would be a good time to do it. I am trying to figure out who sent me cookies from Boise, ID. At first I thought it was my bf's sister b/c she is in Idaho until I realized the city was wrong. Without knowing where the cookies came from we still ate them. I am so trusting of the internet. :)
Anyway, On to the big topic of the week even though I have already missed a couple of days of it. I don't know who actually reads my blog besides the usual suspects. Even if you think you are a usual suspect please comment I would like to know that my dribble isn't just going into a dark hole in the universe. Oh and leave your links incase I don't already read you.
** Off to go delurk at the many places I visit but never say anything ***
P.S. for anyone who is keeping track I am down over 2o lbs I will have a real number on Friday.
This next year I am expecting to see a couple of changes in life for the good. You could call them goals but these are already works in progress.
- Keep losing weight. So far so good. Need to start hitting the whole thing harder.
- Hoping to get engaged this year. LJ's business is doing well so it seems more likely to happen now. We've already talked about it. Yes, he knows about my imaginary wedding. He is planning the imaginary honeymoon. Now can we get to the REAL ring?
- Figure out what I am going to do workwise. I don't want to get put in a position that I am not comfortable with.
- Still need to figure out what to do school wise. I am getting transferred with work so I think that is going to make it even harder b/c of the location.
- Need to get a real budget and stick to it. Money will be getting tighter next year. The economy is affecting me too ya'll.
- I already work with a charity organization, plus my world vision kids but I want to start something else.
- Start paring down my stuff. I have too much stuff. Or at least organize it better. Ebay anyone?