4/27/06

Blowing Out The Candles!

So in 3 days it's the holy day when yours truly was born. The big 2-3. I know for a lot of people it's not that big of a deal and in the scheme of things it's not that big of a deal for me either. The only thing it made me realize (of non-importance) is that: you know when you take those surveys for random things like when you buy a CD or you fill out a Cosmo survey they ask your age. I am in the last year of the 18-23 box. Does that mean I really am getting older? I don't feel older. I still feel like a lost kid with a lot to accomplish before I leave this earth.  Hell before I leave the office today or for forever (in a couple of months). I don't think I have gotten as far in life as I thought I would have. I remember when I was younger (say 16 or so) I thought I would be done with school at this point and moving on to the big corporate world. I have been in the corporate world about 5 years now and I am still not done in school. When I was about 19 I thought by 23 I would be married. The closest I have to that is a committed relationship. I guess I should be grateful that I am in a committed relationship and not committed to the nuthouse.

Expectation for the next year are slightly skewed and distorted. Since my whole "corporate monkey" life has been thrown into jeopardy I have no idea what to expect. I guess all I can hope for is my health and everyone's happiness. No matter how old I am I will always be a kid at heart.





No comments: