- My work is one of the places that has been splashed all over the news with lay-offs.
- I survived a lay-off back in Thanksgiving which I am thankful for.
- I got transferred to a new location that is not necessarily a lot farther but because of location it can take me 2 1/2 hours to get home from work sometimes. (38 miles in LA?)
- It takes me about an 1 1/2 to get to work right now.
- I can't afford to have lunch out everyday anymore b/c of the change in my personal economy and location of new offices. (I am not going to spend $20 dollars on a sandwhich)
- I have doubled my gas bill but I still can justify taking public transportation because its a joke. Even with the company picking up half of the tab I can't let myself get carsick every day on a train.
- I've been with the company 5 years and this is my 4th relocation. Everyone always asks me why I don't move with my work my response is why? I am probably going to get moved again so might as well stay close to friends and family.
- I actually have to put on make up on every day and real work clothes most days now.
- My soul selling has so far gotten me a tank of gas and utility bill paid. I have some change for lunch too.
- Being so much on the road not only causes wear and tear on you car but on your brain too. In some cases more on the brain than on the car.
- The most exciting thing last week was that they repaved the ugliest street with the worst potholes that I use as an exit.
Where the paycheck comes from
I wish I could talk about work more openly it would probably make for a more interesting blog. Here are a few of the highlights: