8/18/06

Sad Country Song *A Hissy Fit*

Yesterday morning on my drive to work I was doing my thing sitting in traffic praying I wasn’t going to be late. I listen to the Morning Show on KZLA because compared to other morning shows it's not raunchy/trashy and besides I love country music. I've been listening for about 3 years now and have gotten to know the radio personalities pretty well. Even when I got a 30 gb Ipod I still chose to listen to the morning show over my Ipod.

I got in my car yesterday to go home from work and I turn on the radio and its "The Move". I check my radio thinking maybe I hit a button even though I know it's preset as my #1 on my radio tuner. Once it hit me I was like "WTF?!?!." I am superbly annoyed. What am I going to listen to on my drive to work? I don't want to listen to the trash on other stations. I listened to "The Move" on my way home last night to at least give it a shot. It's f'ing annoying! Even their name ads are f'ing annoying.

The other thing that sucks is that they are going to stream the old country station on the internet but my company blocked any kind of streaming radio from coming in. Grrr.

KZLA's parent company thought that they didn't have enough listenership. Hello people LA/OC is not a country hick kinda place. It's a tough market. Even if it does have a low listenership relatively, comparatively it's still higher than other parts of the country. You have now displaced a bunch of country listeners. Not all of us want to go to 95.1 and the frog people.

Here is the official word: http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-et-dees18aug18,0,1985117.story?coll=cl-tv-features

I am gonna go drown my sorrows in a sad country song, on my Ipod.
*sniff*
 

No comments: