7/29/06

Uneventful

Today was a pretty uneventful day at the office. I got very little sleep last night. I went to the gym and worked out till like 10. I missed the strip tease class. Better luck next week. I did do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of circuit training. I am gonna go buy new sneakers this week the ones I have are pretty beat. I figure if I can keep myself going at least 2 weeks-3x a week I will get myself a few new workout outfits. I have to give myself some kind of motivation right? One of my co-works was eating a Cliff Bar yesterday and I was talking about Luna Bars. Luna Bars aren’t the best tasting thing but if you are starving it is a good snack replacement. Anyway, so my co-worker offers me a Luna Bar in “Chocolate Peppermint Stick”. I took it and tried it today, OMG never again! That stuff was so gross. I mean seriously chalky chocolate and chemical mint is not a good combination. I only got half of it down and I decided to give up. I finished with an apple instead. Since I was out so late last night at the gym I woke up brain dead this morning *surprising right?*  I could not get my office mojo going. I could not focus. Pathetically I can say I at least wasted 65% of the day. The rest of was spent frazzled. I have no clue what was going on.

I did get one good phone call today. My friend Carol is getting married. She has been engaged since the winter. She has been with David since we were in high school. I can say that she is one of my few friends who didn’t just jump into marriage and is actually taking it seriously. They are getting married in Las Vegas in September. I will be one of the few friends/family that will be attending. Besides being there for a joyous occasion I am also going to party. Aaron and I haven’t been out to Vegas since April 2005. Yeah it’s been a while. I have already started looking at rooms at different hotels. I was aspiring for the Bellagio but alas I cannot justify the cost. Renaissance here we come! I already started looking at dresses at Nordstrom. This isn’t even my wedding but I already have the hotel the dress and the days off! I was talking to one of my co-workers at the other company that we acquired earlier this year. I mentioned to her that my friend was getting married and that it was in Vegas. She gushed about how it was the best thing ever to get married in Vegas. I disagreed with her and told her that “we” had talked about it and thought maybe Australia to get married and honeymoon. She was like “we?” Yeah, did you assume I was single? She was like “No, but maybe more than one.” She then went on to rambling about 20 something. That’s why she has 3 kids from 2 different baby daddies. I have never hidden the fact that I have a significant other. If anything I am sure I have made a couple of people nauseous with how cute we are together. I even heard one of co-workers who saw us over the weekend tell someone else how affectionate we are with each other and that we are genuinely happy. I just assumed with everyone knew, but I guess since they are in a different office they would not know. Strange.










     

No comments: